Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Just remembered

I just remembered I had a blog ..lol. I totally forgot all about it.
I started looking through my photos, and one of the folders always brings great joy to me. Its a very special event that takes place once a year in Park City, Utah. I have made many friends there. My mom just went there in November. I havent gone in a couple of years. Maybe next year I will.
Some of you might not know this but My Mom makes a living from weaving rugs. She sits a weaves mostly everyday.
Her favorite rug to weave is the Tree of Life. I just love looking at all those birds and trying to count them too :) Here is a photo of one of her Tree of Life Rug.



She goes to Park City and trys to sell her rugs there. Not only her rug but alot of rugs that different weavers have made over the year. I usually make some Medicine bags and earrings and other items that my mom will take with her to sell also. But its always alot of fun to go there. Everyone is so nice and its just a great enviroment to be around. Here is the link if you would like to take a look.
Adopt a Native Elder

No comments:

Post a Comment